Impatiently Waiting


I caught a glimpse of my son, Aiden, in the rear view mirror and I could not believe it. He was pouting! We had just discussed our plans for “Fun Friday” and he was excited until he realized that it was Tuesday and he would have to wait a few days to enjoy our activities.

The moment I opened my mouth to reprimand Aiden for his ungrateful and impatient attitude God did not hesitate to shed light on how often I cross my arms, roll my eyes, and poke my lips out when I encounter a delay or change of plans.

As a parent, I have a difficult time doing anything for my son when he’s sulking, pouting, and displaying a negative attitude. I expect my children to trust me. I have demonstrated my faithfulness time and time again. I have rewarded them when they were obedient. I have rewarded them when they failed to meet my expectations. However, I never need a reason to reward them. I love them. I love to see them smile. It brings me a lot of joy. But, when they sulk because they can’t get what they want IMMEDIATELY, I may choose to delay fulfilling their desire until their attitude changes. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I’m grateful that our Father isn’t the type of parent that I am, but I think that God expects us to trust Him. He’s displayed His faithfulness time and time again. He rewards us when we’re obedient. He rewards us when we fail to meet His expectations. However, He never needs a reason to reward us. He loves us. He loves to see us smile. When we sulk, hang our head, and pout in impatience God may delay fulfilling our desire until our attitude changes.

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.” Psalm 34:1 (NLT)

So, today remember that our attitude reflects our belief system. Our ability to maintain a positive attitude despite bleak circumstances demonstrates whether or not we TRULY believe that God will work all things together for our good. Our attitude while we wait plays a significant role in how and when God will work in our life. Happily anticipate the good things that are coming and praise God for them in advance. It may be difficult to see God’s hand working on your behalf, but aggressively hope and wait in confident expectation for something AMAZING to happen in your life. Some delays are designed to demonstrate just how much we trust in and rely on the Lord. Are you trusting God? Is your hope in God? Ask God to restore your hope in Him and His ability to do whatever He needs to do in your life. "Fun Friday" will be here before you know it. Hang in there and smile.





Ashley is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God. Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ. Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate. She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology. Her motto is: "Be Authentic. Live Honestly. Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic