A Kingdom Seeker’s Strategy for Success




by Ronya Osman

 “And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not." (Jeremiah 45:5a)

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33)

These two sentences have been given to us by the greatest life-success coach of all time. They have changed my personal vision to become a successful entrepreneur, into one where I am a fruitful kingdom-seeker, destined for success.

What is Success?

Merriam Webster’s Dictionary defines success as;

1: obsolete outcome or result 2a: degree or measure of succeeding 2b: favorable or desired outcome; also: the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence.

So what happens after you reach the outcome of success, and who measures whether or not you are successful? This definition of success seems more like a desired outcome that bases our importance in comparison to others. We should see success as a present reality. A constantly improving status that raises our values, potential, and desire to fulfill the incomparable will of God for our lives. This present standing will lead to a future standing, before God Almighty, the creator of all things and hearing, “Well done good and faithful servant”. This definition transforms us into kingdom-seekers destined for success.

Who are you? 

"As the Father sent me, I am sending you." (John 20:21)

Jesus was confident in who he was. That confidence stemmed from his relationship with the Father.

Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. (John 4:34)

He knew his, purpose. We are to know our purpose, the same way. We are to take ownership of who we are because of our relationship with the Father. Then, we can effectively and righteously do the will of him who sends us. As Jesus sends us to “serve the least of these” (Matthew 25:45), and bring glory to God, we become kingdom-seekers, “and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33b)

It is vital to stay in a relationship with the one who sends us.  Scripture says a wise man builds his house upon the rock. “The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” (Matthew 7:24-25). Jesus is our rock and foundation. We need to spend time in the Word and be in exposure to Jesus Christ through it. Approach God’s Word with a disciplined and focused plan. Utilize bible studies; dedicate quality time to simply talk to God. Get your life vision straight from the one who created you.

As the Word reveals we must get a special word from God about who we are and what our purpose is. Otherwise we will abandon ourselves to our own nature, and seek great things for self.

Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint. - Proverbs 29:18

What are the motives that lay behind your ambitions for success? 

It is important for us to think about what we are doing and why we are doing it. There will be times where we are tempted to seek great things for ourselves, like wealth, favor and reputation. While in God’s presence we should conduct self-examination. We should ask God to break our hearts for what breaks his. It is not easy to ask God to reveal to us our impure motives. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like to see my messy sins out in the open. But when we pray prayers like Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” We are inviting God to come in and correct our ways. He will answer us, but it is up to us to listen and face those areas that God brings to our attention.

Remember You Are Not Alone

The true strategy for success is not through our own strength. But through God’s Spirit in us and through hope in the promise He gives to us. Jesus promises to be our help “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30), He also promises us eternal life, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27-28).

As we listen to the shepherds’ voice, let us remember through faith all things are fulfilled.

If you can? said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” (Mark 9:23)

As kingdom-seeker Mother Teresa once said; “God has not called me to be successful, He has called me to be faithful.” 

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic