Expunged

Your Past Has Been Cleared and Forgotten

There are moments when I become concerned about aspects of my past being revealed. I've always been a private person and transparency doesn't come easy. I catch myself telling God--"Look… I'm not talking or writing about that. I'm not going there and if you're forcing me to then forget it. I'm done. I don't want to."

But, one morning my Father revealed to me that if I chose to acknowledge and confront the past the enemy would not receive an opportunity to use it against me. He reminded me that my fight had already been won. I'm not confined by the chains of my past unless I choose to remain in its restraints. He has set me free and I don't have to be who I was. He has expunged and wiped clean the stains of--idol worship, double mindedness, lies, betrayal, sexual immorality, abortion, selfishness, drunkenness, drugs, aggression, promiscuity, hatred, and violence--from my life.

I can acknowledge that I didn't stand for much. I went with the ebb and flow of life. I enjoyed everything that was forbidden. If you told me not to do it...I did it. I had a rebellious spirit that enjoyed all things detrimental to my health, peace of mind, and well-being. I was hateful. I was without God. I lived in darkness.

I live in the light now and I acknowledge that by grace and through faith my slate has been wiped clean.

We must allow God to invade our life and do, tell, express, and go where He tells us to go. While it may hurt to recall aspects of our past we must recognize that God doesn't take us back “there” to leave or punish us. He takes us “there” to free us and unlock every single restraint that would keep us from moving forward.

So, today remember you are forgiven, but you must receive that forgiveness. Cling to God. Refuse to allow your past to hinder your purpose. Don’t shrink in fear at past transgressions. Don’t allow the enemy to use your past as ammunition against you. Choose to walk in your truth daily. God has qualified you and you can stand firm and confident in the love He has for you. This love isn't based on what you do or how well you perform. You are justified through faith and you have peace with God through Jesus. Your record has been expunged. Your "employment" options with Christ aren't limited because of prior convictions. You are still worthy, useful, and of purpose.




Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God. Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ. She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology. Her motto is: "Be Authentic. Live Honestly. Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic