Don't Throw it Away

Choosing What to Hold Onto and What to Throw Away

I tend to throw things away fairly quickly. I don’t like clutter. I get rid of it. So, when I received a devotional email one day regarding the ease by which we accidentally throw useful things away--I read it, laughed at how I could relate, and quickly filed it. The very next day I got the same email. The redundancy of it rang odd, but I didn’t pay it any mind.

However, the email kept coming back to my mind and I realized that it had God written all over it. I didn’t truly receive the message the first time I read it so God made a point to send it to me again. That’s my Daddy! He knows me too well!

So, I sought revelation and God afforded me with His perspective.

Too often I choose to hold onto the past pangs of betrayal and infidelity. I’ll cling to self-doubt, fear of failure, anxiety, worry, and disappointment. But, I carelessly throw away the confidence, love, courage, self-discipline, and wisdom that God affords me. I’ll allow the negative opinions of others to clutter my life yet throw away the one opinion that matters...My Fathers.

I've spent a long time holding onto all the wrong things while carelessly throwing away each gift from God.

So, today ask God to help you discern the true garbage in your life. Ask Him to reveal the ways you can walk in His truth for your life. Ask Him to help you remain mindful of what you choose to hold onto and what you choose to throw away. Remain confident in heart. Use your voice. Don’t let the enemy talk about you or your Father. The best form of retaliation is located in directly in scripture. Find a power verse and hit the whispers of self-doubt, fear, embarrassment, and every other lie the enemy tells!

My power verse for today is:

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in [me] will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6, NASB)





Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God. Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ. She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology. Her motto is: "Be Authentic. Live Honestly. Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic