His Plan







Three years ago as graduation approached, I did what most anxious graduates do, I searched for jobs. I came across a job that was not related to my area of study, but was a passion nonetheless. So, I applied. After enduring a strenuous interview process, I learned that I was accepted into the program and would begin training that summer. I just knew that this was God. Ignoring many red flags, I packed up my life and moved halfway across the country to start a new beginning. It was by far, the most life-changing experience that I’ve ever had. In a short year, I grew up and faced a lot of realities that were rough, but necessary.  What I realized was that I, being the proactive person that I am, stepped ahead of God’s will for my life and in doing so, I found myself behind enemy lines.

“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14 ESV)

We have to learn to die to ourselves daily and wait on the Lord. When move ahead of God’s will for our lives, we are left uncovered and are more susceptible to the enemy’s attacks. We become vulnerable and have made ourselves an easy target. Fortunately for us, we serve a gracious God and even when we step ahead of His will, He moves even further ahead of us to make sure that we are still covered. Glory!

“The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.”

His plans for our lives are perfect. We have to learn to trust fully on Him and have faith that His plans for our lives are better than our dreams. Being anxious about our lives because of what’s going on around us only makes us restless and causes us to act outside of our faith. There isn’t anything that is or is not in God’s plan for our lives that won’t place us in the best possible position for us to fulfill His ultimate will for earth.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 ESV)

His will for our lives should be what we desire. If we keep that in mind we will end up exactly where we were meant to be, doing exactly what needs to be done. Relax, breathe, and let Him work it all out! Trust me, it’s His pleasure! :-)










Rochelle Burnley is a queen of all trades. She loves the Lord and desires to spread His love and light to everyone that she is blessed to touch. A producer by profession, she intends to use her gift of storytelling to spread the good news and to represent Christ. A proud Baltimore native, Rochelle leaves trails of purple along her life's journey. She is a chocolate connoisseur; as well as a lover of good movies, music, books, and food. She takes the phrase "shop until you drop" seriously. She holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism and Communications from Hampton University and is currently enrolled in The New School for an M.S. in Media Management.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic