Tick Tock Goes The Clock


I have always had the issue of procrastination. I tend to wait until the last minute to do things and have often used the age-old excuse of “working better under pressure” to continue with my bad habit. The truth is that working better under pressure is a lie and actually an unhealthy way to live. Who wants to rush to get things done? Even if they still turn out well, the point in doing them early is that you receive the gift of enjoying the process.

What I am learning through this evaluation of myself is how important time management is. I have known this for some time and when truly necessary, I prioritize well and make the best of my time. Unfortunately, this isn't the case all of the time.

God yearns for us to be better stewards over our time. When He places us here on earth, it is to fulfill our purpose within His will, but it all must be done within a certain time frame. We do not know when our time is up, so it is extremely important that we make the most of each and every moment that we are blessed with.


Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” (Psalm 39:4-5 NLT)


If procrastination, laziness, and/or fear are strongholds that you are dealing with, take them before God. Place them at the feet of Christ and ask that you be set free in His name. We have to focus on the assignment that has been placed in front of us, but we must also keep our eye on the clock. Time is truly of the essence and if we are not cognizant, we may miss our chance to fulfill our destiny.

“So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.” (Ephesians 5:15-16 NLT)


Take back your time and use it to glorify God in all that you do. Don’t allow excuses and lies to take place in your life. Pray off the strongholds and honor the Lord with time management. The greatest way to show someone that you appreciate them is to honor their time. It is the most precious thing that we have because it cannot be replaced.

Live the life that He has called you to live, but don’t forget that with each tick on the clock, we have less time to get it done.




Rochelle Burnley is a queen of all trades. She loves the Lord and desires to spread His love and light to everyone that she is blessed to touch. A producer by profession, she intends to use her gift of storytelling to spread the good news and to represent Christ. A proud Baltimore native, Rochelle leaves trails of purple along her life's journey. She is a chocolate connoisseur; as well as a lover of good movies, music, books, and food. She takes the phrase "shop until you drop" seriously. She holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism and Communications from Hampton University and is currently enrolled in The New School for an M.S. in Media Management.



[Photo : Dalton Runberg Creative Commons]

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic