Portion Control


Exactly How Much is Too Much?


I think a lot. More than I probably should. I say this because I am pretty sure that one thought leads to another, and then another, and before I know it I am either worried, anxious, overwhelmed, confused, sad, stressed, or tired. Get the picture? This has led me to developing a serious habit of creating lists. It’s the one way that I can clear up some of the space in my head. Most of them are “to-do” lists, but the best is my prayer list. This list is the best for me because it allows God to do what I can’t do. When I create a to-do list, it allows me to deal with things on the surface. If I complete the task, it gets checked off. If not, it stays there until I complete it. My prayer list does not operate in the same way. It’s very much internal and deals with things that I wouldn't even begin to know how to tackle.

“Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.” (Psalm 9:10 NLT)

As Christians, we have to find ways that work best for us when it comes to seeking God. Mine happens to be lists. I use them to write down the things that I know that only He can handle and things that I need His approval on. Once written, I pray about them. Find what works for you and make sure that it’s something that continuously draws you closer to Him. Trust God and know your portion. As humans, we try to do everything on our own and we don’t leave enough room for God to do His part. We have to understand that it is both necessary and okay for us to surrender.

“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Matthew 6:33 NLT)

When we make it our priority to seek God in everything that we do and to consult with Him about our purpose, He will provide us with everything that we need. He not only gives us answers, but when we seek Him, live in harmony, and push ourselves toward His will over our lives, He goes above and beyond when it comes to making provisions. God will always supply your needs in abundance. It’s just who He is. Include Him on purpose. Know that this assignment called life cannot be done without Him and that when we are busy thinking of all that we have to do, remember to give God what belongs to Him.

One of the most important things we can do in life is to let God be who He is and to serve within our means. Don’t overstep your boundaries. Allow Him to take care of what seems like an overflowing list of tasks and watch Him perform miracles!




Rochelle Burnley is a queen of all trades. She loves the Lord and desires to spread His love and light to everyone that she is blessed to touch. A producer by profession, she intends to use her gift of storytelling to spread the good news and to represent Christ. A proud Baltimore native, Rochelle leaves trails of purple along her life's journey. She is a chocolate connoisseur; as well as a lover of good movies, music, books, and food. She takes the phrase "shop until you drop" seriously.



[photo: Luis Hernandez, Creative Commons]

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic