Increase





Increase.


We each lean on, trust, and pray to God for increase in nearly every area of our lives. 


There are times when I catch myself thinking about how my life would be if I were to experience increase within certain areas of my life.  


Recently, God spoke to my heart and said…


Have you remained faithful with your CURRENT portion?”


Too often we seek God for an increase within our finances, career, health, or relationships yet we fail to remain faithful with the portion that God has currently afforded us. 


For instance, I’ve sought increased ministry opportunities yet I struggle to get the daily devotionals out on a DAILY basis.  I have not proven myself consistent in one of the areas that He has assigned me yet I’ve got my hand out reaching for more.   In this case, instead of praying for increase I need to be praying for an ability to consistently complete my current assignment.


When I chose Christ I gave up my house (a rental), but it was my home.  Now I have a room that I share with my daughter.  As I seek God for increase within my finances so that I can afford my own home as a single mom He’s made me question—“Have you remained faithful with your current living space?”  I’ve downsized and you would think it would be easier to keep it clean, but I still struggle to consistently make my bed each morning, hang the clothes back up, and keep my room “presentable” yet I have my hand out asking for a larger living space and more stuff to clean.  The irony.  In this case, instead of praying for a larger space I need to be praying for an ability to maintain the space He’s currently gifted me.


God desires that we display consistency, faithfulness, and dedication with our current portion.  Why should He afford us increase in any area if we aren’t able to consistently maintain and praise Him for our current portion?  


So, today run a mental catalogue of each area you are seeking an “increase” within and ask God to reveal if you have remained faithful (steadfast, committed, consistent, and constant) with your current portion.  Be honest.  Maybe you’re seeking a family and children yet you struggle to adequately take care of yourself.  Maybe you’re seeking a larger vehicle yet you struggle to fill up and maintain the one that you have.  Maybe you’re seeking more money yet you rob God monthly by refusing to honor Him with the first fruits (10%) of your income.  Maybe you’re seeking increased respect and honor as a woman yet you “turn up” EVERY single weekend and bear absolutely no fruit of His Spirit within you.  Whatever you are believing in God for…wherever you want to see increase…check yourself…are you faithful with what you have?  







Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic