My Help Comes From God




Lord, you know what is happening to me.  Please step in and help me.’Jeremiah 15:15 (NLT)


Weary from the financial and physical burden of single motherhood.  Weighed down by the weight of a stagnant real estate market and unrealistic job expectations.  Strained relationships and unfair treatment riddled my day to day existence.  I found myself crying out much like Jeremiah…


Lord, you see what is going on in my life.  Please step in.  Help me.”


Jeremiah continues to express his anguish for he doesn’t understand why his suffering continues.  He questions why his wounds are so incurable.  He expresses uncertainty in God’s help and parallels it to a “spring that has gone dry.”


There are days when even my deepest sigh doesn’t touch the anguish that resides in my heart.  Sometimes all I can muster is, “Jesus, where are you in this?  When are you going to step in and help me?”


In Jeremiah 15:19-21 the Lord provides Jeremiah with the following response:


If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me.  If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.  You must influence them; do not let them influence you!  They will fight against you like an attacking army, but I will make you as secure as a fortified wall of bronze.  They will not conquer you, for I am with you to protect and rescue you.  I, the Lord, have spoken!  Yes, I will certainly keep you safe from these wicked men.  I will rescue you from their cruel hands."


Distress is an indication that we have allowed our eyes to focus on the source of our problems as opposed to the source of our provision, protection, and peace of mind.  Our Lord.  Our Savior.  Jesus. 


So, today remember that you will only experience restoration when you return your focus to God.  We must confess God’s truth over our circumstances even when they appear insurmountable because in doing so we allow our life to serve as the brightest witness to our relationship with Christ.  God has called us to be His spokesmen and nothing speaks louder than our attitude and behavior—especially in challenging times.  God promises to secure us, rescue us, and keep us safe.  Just like Jeremiah, we can cry out to God and express how we feel.  We don’t have to pretend everything is OK, but He does expect us to trust Him. Choose to focus on God.  Monitor your thoughts and align them with the truth of God’s word.  Speak life.  Demonstrate stability by allowing your attitude to reflect your relationship with Christ as opposed to your fickle circumstances.  God sees you.  He has already stepped in and prepared the help you need.  He has already anticipated and supplied His perfect provision.   Trust God.










Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."


SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic