No Filter




God stays the same. Don't filter God's image.

I’m no photographer, but I can add a filter to a photo in a skinny minute and feel accomplished.   If the original photo lacks the “oomph” I desire than filters do an amazing job of enhancing the image with minimal effort on my part. But, too many filters substantially mar and detract from the authenticity and originality of the initial photograph.  Filters have the potential to be deceptive in that they aren't always an accurate depiction of truth.   

My filtering habits extend beyond my meager photography ventures and into my relationship with Christ.


“Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.”Psalm 119:29 (NLT)


Sometimes it’s difficult to gain an accurate picture of who God is because my image of Him has been filtered.  I fail to get the picture because I have colored God’s image to fit my circumstances, my attitude, my desires, my fears, my insecurities, or my doubts.
My response to God stems from a tainted filtered image of Him as opposed to the original image of His character that is substantiated throughout His Word.  When we see God for who He truly is we find rest, peace, and strength to face and enjoy life at face value--with no filter. 

So, today ask God to remove the filters that you have applied to His image so you can see Him for who He truly is.  God does not need a filter.  He does not need us to add or subtract from Him or His Word.  God is good.  God is faithful.  God is all-knowing.  God is love.  God is peace.  God is God.  We can’t color, tint, shade, or dim God based on our moods and circumstances.  He stays the same.  






Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."  


[Photo: Garrett Gill, Creative Commons]

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic