Overwhelm Me with Your Love

by Cassie Timberlake

The longing, the craving, the gravitating towards comfort and love can be and is very intoxicating.  It is overwhelming at times. When you have gone through trauma of any kind, when you do not currently have the love in your life that you desire, or when you do not completely and wholeheartedly love yourself sometimes you look for others to overwhelm you with “love”.  Allowing God to shower you with the blessings that you deserve is the most comforting healing love you can ever experience.  So, how do we as women satisfy this insatiable craving for acceptance and love?  Letting God pour his love over us and into our hearts is ideal, however, for many women one answer to this question is to get into a relationship just for the sake of not being alone.  

Many people have a thought process where they say, either internally or out loud,” It is better than being by myself, something is better than nothing.”  Saying negative statements will begin to translate into something deeper within the heart of a woman.  When your “longing” becomes “desperate” it is a recipe for danger.  It will become problematic for the core of your being… the essence of who you are as an individual.  God does not want you to feel incomplete or lost.  In John 5:6, when God asks “Wilt thou be made whole?” to the sick man lying there before him, God is not just asking if he wanted to get well, but to impart an expectation for healing … to believe with everything in your being that God’s will and love is all you need.

Have you ever heard the phrase “you are what you eat?”  Well, an equally important saying is a phrase that states, “You are what you SPEAK!”  Something better than nothing means you will accept almost anything and everything into your life.  There is no boundary in place.  There is no protection established for yourself.  There is no room for true love.

I know because I have been there before.

I came from a childhood of not having love from my biological father and being molested at an early age.  I grew up without efficient coping skills, so I allowed myself to let people into my life that did not honor God, honor me, and that did not love themselves. I looked for love elsewhere instead of allowing God to overwhelm me with his love.  I did not take the leap of faith in knowing that God’s plan and destiny for me in all of its goodness was staring me right smack dab in the face.  I was too afraid to step into my blessings because I did not love myself enough to do it.

I had to learn to depend on God in a new way.  I had to open my heart more.  No more fear.  No more procrastination.  I laid all of my fears, my hurt, and my pain out before The Lord.  Within my prayer I also began to worship God and praise him in a new way. This allowed me to feel closer to God.  See, many times we block our own blessings … you have to remember to get out of your own way.  When you are out of the way and let the blessings flow from heaven you WILL receive your hearts desire.  

I have four beautiful scriptures to share with you that I hope will encourage and empower you to allow God in to shower you with love.

Joshua 1:9, “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

God is the source of our strength.  He made it so that you are who you are and who you are destined to be.  You are special and he loves you.

Romans 15:13, “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.”

He is the God of Hope, love, understanding, and forgiveness. Just believe.

Isaiah 43:1  But now thus said the LORD that created you, O Jacob, and he that formed you, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine.

You belong to God and you are his child.  All of your blessings are before you.  All you have to do is reach out and grab it.

Isaiah 12:2, “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation”.

Let God heal your heartache. When your heartache begins to heal you will be able to accept all things new that he has prepared for you.  This includes new careers, friends, relationships, and a new life.

When you feel like no one cares about you or loves you, when you feel like there is a void that cannot be filled, when you are feeling sad and miserable, give God a real 100% chance to come in and change your life.  To have a healthy relationship with someone takes healing within your heart.  It takes patience in waiting for an individual that is beneficial for you.  It takes you allowing God to overwhelm you with his love.

I would love for you to comment and join in on the discussion! How has God touched your life?








Melibeha Timberlake is a Mompreneur, Certified Professional Life Coach, Mentor Speaker Writer, and Victorious Survivor. She is Owner of The Heart Hub, a company that she started to help others discover and execute their full potential in life. Her loving heartfelt and supportive coaching method uses her talent for bridging the gap for others to navigate from the beginning of despair to the road to greatness. This is what brings her joy.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic