Hearty Avocado Sandwich

By Kieya Hudson



One of my favorite foods that I love to add to my meals is a few slices of avocado. I experiment with
all types of meals to incorporate this amazing veggie. I also find that when I use it as a moisturizer, it softens and clears my skin.

Of course anytime I begin to add something new in my life, I always do my research! I found that avocado has so many essential benefits—not only for your skin, but for your hair and overall health as well. Avocados are packed with Vitamin E and Omega 3 oils, benefiting you in so many ways. Weight loss is also an avocado benefit. Since avocado is filled with good fat, it stops you from gaining bad fat. Try to incorporate avocado into your everyday life and you will definitely see the benefits!

Easy ways to incorporate avocado:

If you have dry skin, try an all-natural avocado facial mask. Simply cut open an avocado and mash up the yellow pulp. Then apply it to your skin allowing it to moisturize for at least 20-30 minutes. The antioxidant properties found in the avocado hydrates the skin natural moisture, while also softening it.

Sometimes I add three or four slices of avocado to my favorite salad or rice with my meals. A quick and easy snack is guacamole. Enjoy the guacamole with your favorite tortilla chips. I love organic, no salt added, blue corn tortilla chips with mine.

I experimented one day and came up with this delicious low-calorie breakfast sandwich. (10 minutes)

DIY: Hearty Avocado Sandwich

1 Cinnamon raisin or whole wheat English muffin
Egg Whites from 2 Large Eggs
½ Slice of your choice of cheese
½ Avocado
1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
A pinch of pepper/salt (Optional)

  1. Cut English muffin in half (like a sandwich). Mash up the avocado and spread it on the inside of the muffin slices (like you would spread butter on toast). 
  2. Place the egg whites in a bowl/container and mix well (add pepper/salt). The seasoning is optional.
  3. Cook egg whites in medium heat skillet with canola oil. Do not break the egg whites up while they’re cooking. You want them the cook together, almost like an omelet. 
  4. Remove egg from skillet. 
  5. Place egg on the muffin slices with avocado. 
  6. Add your choice of cheese.
  7. Place back in skillet, occasionally flipping the sandwich until cheese is melted. Turn heat down to low on this step.
  8. Remove from skillet and enjoy.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic