Always on My Mind

Irritation. It was quick, gone in an instant, and hopefully inconceivable to the eye, but I felt it and along with it immediate conviction. I wanted to be alone. I had more “important” things to do. I was writing and did not appreciate being interrupted. That’s when God spoke to my heart…

"Ashley… I'll call you to do a lot of things, but your first and primary call is to slow down, stop, and remain aware of the needs of those around you. Be compassionate. I work through people, but you're of no use to me if YOU are always on YOUR mind. Your words are not enough. I'm calling you to action."

That is when I was afforded a glimpse of my day. I was short, distracted, and half present in the vast majority of my interactions. If there was a need I'm sure I missed it in my desire to write. I want to be everything that God has in store for me. Nothing I write matters if I'm unwilling to be inconvenienced for another. Nothing I'm called to do will ever flourish if I'm always on my mind.

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature." Galatians 5:16--NIV

It's unlikely that our selfish tendencies will ever go away completely, but with the help of His Spirit we can overcome them DAILY! We must choose to truly listen, actively engage, and remain fully present despite our personal desire to fulfill what we deem more important.

Today ask God to free you...from yourself. Ask Him to help you...get YOU off your mind. Allow God's spirit to continually break you from your selfish tendencies. Ask Him to expose, draw awareness to, and help you tackle your current heart condition. Strive to remain attentive to the needs of those around you. Be mindful of how you respond to people. Words aren't enough. He's calling us to action

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic