Your Are Not Alone

If there is something, just one thing, that God has vividly shown in my life recently, it's that we need each other to get through the struggles of this life. I cannot stress enough, the importance of how you choose your friends.

Proverbs 13:20,  “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”

I am a strong believer in being the light in the darkness, being the Good Samaritan, and showing believers and non-believers the life of love that a Christian individual should walk. However, it is vital that we have a support system of fellow believers to encourage us, pick us up when we fall down, and provide God's wisdom in times of celebration just as much as in times of darkness. 

John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Recently, a friend of mine and I discussed the difference between friendships based on convenience and friendships based on commitment. When you associate yourself with people that are simply convenient, you will find yourself with nothing when God calls you elsewhere and those friends do not care to pursue your friendship, because that element of convenience is gone. However, when you choose Christian friends that walk in love, you have a support system and community that will be invested in your life no matter where you are, no matter what you are doing, they will not leave you alone. 

2 Kings 2:2 And Elijah said to Elisha, “Please stay here, for the LORD has sent me as far as Bethel.” But Elisha said, “As the LORD lives, and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.

I encourage and challenge you to evaluate your friendships. Are you basing your friendships off of convenience or commitment? Are you going to be the friend who will leave the office or classroom to answer a call to be there for someone? Do you know a friend would do the same for you? 

C.S. Lewis wrote, "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.”

My prayer is that you evaluate your friendships and relationships and ask God to provide people to walk in faith and love with. Ask Him for friendships that will assure you, you are not alone.


by Morgan Fisher

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic