Top 10 Maya Angelou Quotes


Many around the world are remembering Dr. Maya Angelou who passed away in her North Carolina home on May 28, at the age of 86. 



As Maya Angelou's wisdom poured through our timeline, I decided to share the top 10 quotes.


  1. If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.

  2. A woman's heart should be so hidden in God, that a man would have to seek Him just to find her.

  3. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

  4. While one may encounter many defeats, one must not be defeated.

  5. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

  6. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  7. Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.

  8. I found that I knew not only that there was God but that I was a child of God, when I understood that, when I comprehended that, more than that, when I internalized that, ingested that, I became courageous.

  9. Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
     I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

  10. If God loves me, if God made everything from leaves to seals and oak trees, then what is it I can't do?

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic