Six Songs That Make Me Serve

By Morgan Fisher



1. Make A Move by Royal Tailor

If there’s a song that encourages one to get out of their seat and make a move for the kingdom, Royal Tailor’s “Make a Move” is the faithful anthem.

“Mr. Good Intentions, so much I wanna do. My mouth just keeps on running, but I never follow through. I heard that true religion, is love with hands and feet I wanna find my own way to reach a world in need.”

So often our intentions are pleasant and we desire to serve, yet we just don’t seem to find that serving opportunity that “fits” or “feels right.” That’s why there’s so much power in the line, “I wanna find my own way to reach a world in need.” We are all gifted and God calls us to use those gifts to serve. We are called to serve in unique, purposeful ways. We must not conform to the patterns of the world, but become innovative in how we serve our savior.

2. Feel it in Your Heart by Abandoned

This undeniably catchy tune, will have its lyrics tugging on your heart strings.

“Oh, you can turn it up loud as loud as it will go, but it will never make its way to your soul. No no, until you feel it in your heart.”  

Have you ever felt like you have said all the right things? Perhaps, sometimes you even follow through after saying or committing with your words. When you’re finished with that act, you simply did it just to do it and honor your words. There was no intention to honor God. You just felt it was right, so you did it. This next lyric can ask the question for me:

“You can say, say all the right things, but in the end what does it mean?”

So, what does it mean? You served. Yes, yes you did. However, you weren’t serving with the intention to honor and glorify God and that may have very well been displayed while you were doing that work...moaning, grunting, rolling your eyes. Maybe you even went as far as to keep that smile on your face, but you felt empty, didn’t you? I know that’s how I feel when I serve without a purpose. Let me share something with you. Even though the people you interact with every day may not see the true unhappiness in that act of service, God does. God knows not only when you’re wearing an insincere smile, but when your heart is not in it.

So, here’s my challenge to you: Feel it in your heart. Play this song as loud as you can if you have to. Pray to acquire the humble heart of a servant.

3. Meaningless! Meaningless! Everything is Meaningless! by Sleep for Sleepers

This song directly correlates with Ecclesiastes 1:The words of the Teacher,son of David, king in Jerusalem: “Meaningless! Meaningless!”says the Teacher.“Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.”

This truly is questioning the meaning of life. Once everything is said and done, all material things are no longer here, what do we have? What do we find worth in? What has everlasting value? The answer, our relationship with God. So, we should be living to serve and honor his commandments.

“I wanna breathe with more than my lungs, and I want your word on the tip of my tongue and mind. Everything you want me to be. I'll follow, with eyes close, I'll follow, as far as you go, I'll follow you.”

These inspiring words of wisdom challenge listeners to be all in for God. We must give ourselves to Christ to fulfill His magnificent plans for us. We must follow Him with our eyes close and our hearts open. We must serve as the Lord would serve.

4. Hold Strong, Have Faith by Rival Summers

Hold Strong, Have Faith is a tune that expresses the journey of an individual that is chasing after the visions God has put on their heart. The song takes us through tests and trials that we, as people, face daily. Trials such as doubt, hopelessness, and fear are expressed. These are all things that we can relate to. The significance of this song is the turn it takes as we begin to apprehend confidence, hope, and assurance in the Lord.

“ If I hold strong to my faith, then God will lead the way. If I put my trust in, I don’t need to be afraid.”

God has a plan and purpose for your life. He will provide for you. Please, take note of this, If your life, not just one area of your life, but your entire life, is your ministry and you live out every moment to serve and honor God, He will reveal a purpose driven life to you. You just have to Hold Strong, Have Faith.

5. Miracle by Mike Mains and the Branches

Mike Mains and the Branches consistently leaves a listener in awe of their honest lyrics and never fails to challenge people to grow spiritually.

“I didn't die for you to live like this. I didn't die for you to live like this. I didn't die for you to live like this. Oh, I died for you to love! Don't we know that we were made miracles?”

This provides a clear image of God looking down on us when we are living for self rather than living to serve His kingdom. Picturing God’s heart breaking as we live in our selfish ways continually turning away from His will. He is shouting down to us, fighting for our lives, and it is a spiritual awakening.

6. I Try by P.H.I.L.T.H.Y

I Try is an anthem of ambition and encouragement. This song sends the message of Philippians 4;13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. leads us into our mission fields with confidence, complete security, and full reliance on God. With lyrics stating, “they say that we won’t make it, but I say mark my words” and “the first thing they try to do is make you second guess, that’s when you remember the the standards you represent” you are equipped to fly, reach for the sky, and at the very least, just try.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic