He Calls Us Friend

What makes you and your best friend so close? You may share things in common like similar hobbies or the fact that you both love pepperoni pizza or shopping at the same stores. Lets go a little deeper, what keeps you and your best friend as best friends? I know for my best friends and I, conversation and spending time together keeps our relationship in tact and enjoying. I can and do talk to my best friends about everything going on in my life. But what if we never talked to our best friends? What would happen to our relationship? How would you feel if your best friend only talked to you when something was wrong? Without constant and consistent conversation our relationships would die. Well my beautiful sisters this is exactly what happens when we don't take part in constant conversation with Christ in prayer.


God loves us and calls us his friends!! (John 15:15) And guess what?! He longs to engage with us in conversation! Isaiah 55:6 says " Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near". As Christian women our prayer life with Christ is vital. It is what keeps us connected with God and ensures growth for us spiritually. We can talk to God about absolutely anything. We can talk to him about our fears, our struggles, our victories and hopes and dreams. We can talk to him like we would talk to any close friend. Philippians 4:6 says " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God". That scripture alone offers so much freedom to us!! God does not want us to worry about anything, but in conversation present our concerns to him!! With that being said, I would encourage you to get real with God this year in your prayer life!! Open up and tell him anything and everything that is on your minds. Ask of him anything that your heart desires.Tell him about your dreams or about that co-worker that works your last nerve at work or tell him about how it seems everyone is in a relationship but you and even tell him about the last argument you had with your mother.! Mark 11:24 says " Therefore I will tell you whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours".


God delights in our conversations with him. He longs for us to share the deepest and most intimate part of our hearts and lives with him. I found that when I talk to him consistently, my days are much more peaceful and I feel the closest to him. I often hear many young womentalk about how that know they need to pray more but they just don't or feel like they know how. I feel that when you are talking to God, itshould be while you are doing something you enjoy. For example, I love journaling so I write out my prayers like a journal to God. Here are a few suggestions:


  • If you enjoy drawing or painting you could get a canvass book and while you are drawing or painting talk to God! You can relax and share your thoughts with God.
  • Or if you enjoy running or exercising of any type you could talk to him while you are jogging or shooting a few hoops.
  • Or if you enjoy talking to God out loud, get alone and pour out your heart.
  • Maybe you feel close to God through music. You could turn on your favorite christian song or instrumental music and journal or talk to him out loud.


These are only a few ideas to develop your prayer life but do anything that you enjoy while you are praying. I encourage you sisters to communicate with God daily in 2013 and watch your lives change even more and your relationship with Christ grow!

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic