Fight Like a Girl

“I've trained harder, I'm better, I'm stronger, the blood of a champion runs through my veins, I've earned this opportunity, I'll earn this victory, I've already won.” Laila "She Bee Stingin", Ali

There is nothing like a good fight. Especially if you’re on the bottom, and you feel like you’re losing. Have you ever been there? There is a point in life where it may seem as if all of the odds are against you. As I’ve said before, “Life happens”. And what do you do when you are on the bottom of the bottom looking up at the bottom? What do you do when you are at the top of your game and you have a career threatening injury?

The year 2012 for me has been one of holding on to what I know is true and healing from the challenges of 2011. To the natural eye it would seem as if 2012 was really a waste of time. 2011 was so devastatingly horrible, that it took whole 12 months to recover. I have taken 12 months to retrain my body, mind and spirit. It has taken me an entire 365 days to heal from the previous year’s landed punches and wounds. I can now without a doubt say that I am battle tested. I have spent this year reflecting on who I am, what I believe, and what I am to become. The bell has rung in between rounds, I have retreated to my corner, I have rested from my labor, I have received counsel from my trainer, I have gotten more Vaseline on my cuts and my gloves have been re-laced. I am ready to go. 2013 is here and now it is now time to FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!

Whether you choose to believe it or not, we are in a battle daily. If you profess Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God and Him as the Lord of your life, the bell has rung and the fight has intensified. Before you confessed Christ as Lord, you were still in a fight; you just did not have the proper training and weapons to ensure victory. The art of fighting a spiritual battle is different from a street fight or even a professional boxing match. This type of battle will not be won by sheer force, good foot work, or even by having the better left hook. For the type of fight we are in, there is a requirement of both finesse and fortitude. You may liken these requirements to having the grace of a gazelle and the determination of Job. Fighting like a girl will require you to use the fruit of the spirit called self-control and to be consistently diligent in the things of God. Fighting like a girl requires activity at a certain pace, but also the patience to understand that there is no deadline on your commitments. To F-I-G- H–T like a girl means that you have fortitude, pray in intercession, operate in gentleness, remain holy, and trust the Lord your God.

In the face of a great challenge, the Prophet Isaiah said, “For the Lord God helps me, therefore, I am not disgraced; therefore, I have set my face like flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed.” (Isaiah 49: 7). Flint is a hard stone which produces a spark when struck with steel. There is no deterring flint. If you mess around with it too much, you will cause a fire to start. To fight like a girl, you will need this same determination. This attitude says that regardless of the circumstances, I am persuaded to challenge that which is challenging me. I will confront the very issues of my life with the word of God. Through prayer and great intercession, I will follow the plan for my life that was so wonderfully designed by the master architect.

I will love my enemies and will practice that which is holy and righteous. Lastly, I will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not alone and that no weapon formed against me will prosper. That is not to say that the weapon will not be formed, but that the fight is fixed. When you are in Christ, the victory is assured. King David said in Psalm 23:5 “you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies”. Can you picture that? The best laid feast is prepared for you by God to show your enemies just who He is and who you are in Him. The prepared table uses the best china and silver. The prepared table has beautifully ordinate glasses and linens. There is no room for paper plates, plastic cups, plastic spoons, forks, and knives. Your enemies will look and be amazed at how you have been favored in the face of great challenge.

Verse 4 of Psalm 23 says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil”. Walking through the valley leads to a prepared table. (PRAISE BREAK!!). Fighting like a girl means that you have to get to the other side to obtain the promise of more than enough from the One who declared it to be so. Walking through the valley also leads to being anointed with oil and a cup which runs over. Processing and proper transition through the issues of life have an added benefit of becoming anointed. The more pressed you are, the more anointed you become. When you are anointed, the things that come at you next will have to either change because of contact or slide off.

In 2013, prepare for the fight of your life. Play your theme song. I have two, which I highly recommend. Freedom by Eddie James is a great war cry song. I especially love the version on the Onething Live – Holy to the Lord compilation. Then there is Tasha Cobbs’ newest release Break Every Chain. So, warm up your arms and legs. Roll your neck and shoulders. Throw a few punches. Let’s get ready to RUMBLE!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic