Fools for Christ



Our team were on crusade. I had just preached a red hot Gospel message, with many surrendering their lives to Jesus. It was glorious! With the altar workers having collected the personal information of each new convert, the time had come to pray for the sick. A long line of people gathered in front of the stage, all eager to be set free from an array of torments. Beginning at one end, I began to make my way quickly down the line. Coming to an elderly woman with a walking stick, I instinctively bent down and laid my hands on her legs. “In the name of Jesus, legs be healed!” I prayed, before hastening on. Shortly thereafter, an usher tugged at my elbow. “Evangelist,” she said, her voice heavy with excitement. “That old lady, she can see!” “What do you mean she can see?” I asked, looking at whom she was gesturing towards. It was none other than the woman with the walking stick. “I thought there was something wrong with her legs?” “No,” I was told. “She was blind, that is why she had the stick.” Boy, did I laugh at myself! That precious woman stood wide-eyed, looking around her with an expression of amazement. Her wrinkled face creased further still, a smile spreading from ear to ear. That night, I marvelled at the power of God. He was so keen to heal that dear old lady, that he took my heartfelt prayer – however misdirected – and sent it on from her legs to her eyes, making the miracle happen!

Dear friend, God is hungry to touch the lost and hurting. Be the vessel, let Him use you. Speak to others about Jesus, pray for people in His mighty, matchless name. Even if, at times, you feel rather silly, be assured that the soul-winning, captive-freeing power of our Lord is not restricted by the simplicity of your words or a little human error. In fact, “God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,” we read in 1 Cor 1 v 27. In the midst of our incapacity, Jesus works wonders. He only needs a few heartfelt words, or a simple prayer, in order to drive back the darkness with His glorious light. When we open our mouths and speak with love and sincerity, He wraps Himself around those down-to-earth sentences and turns them into mighty arrows of deliverance, piercing the hardest of hearts. When we lay our hands on the sick and oppressed, He shoots through our fingers, breaking every hold of the evil one. Today, be a fool for Christ. Risk all. Step beyond your comfort zone. What miracles will result from your foolery? That is for God to know. . .And you to find out.



Written by Tamryn Klintworth

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic