The Last Push


When I was giving birth to my daughter she got stuck behind my pubic bone.  No matter how hard I kept pushing she couldn't get past it.  The doctor started talking about other methods of getting her out.  I was so tired from pushing for hours, no sleep and I was ready to give up. With tears streaming down my face, the doctor and nurse said “c'mon one big push.”  I took the deepest breath I could in between my sobs and gave one last agonizing push.  The next thing I heard was the doctor saying, “she’s out!”  At that moment nothing in the world, in my life or all the pain I had endured mattered.  My baby girl was here in the world and she was the most beautiful and tiniest thing I had ever seen.  I was in awe of what God had created and though I was still in pain it seemed all of it was numbed after her entrance into the world.  The Moral of the story is it was that last big push that birthed something incredibly beautiful.  All that pain I had endured and the nine months of pregnancy prepared me to give birth.  When you feel you have absolutely nothing left that is when God says "push!"  

“A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.”-John 16:21 NIV

Severe pain symbolizes you are trying to birth something new.  Your pain is a sign of something bigger and if you switch your focus to what will or could be birthed instead of how bad the pain is, you will be able to endure.  We think the pain will kill us.  We think the pain will never pass.  That is a lie from the enemy.  The pain is an inevitable part of life and cannot be avoided, but how we handle it can change everything.  We have all heard the old quote, "If you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."  Hang on and endure because you may only need one big last push to birth what God has for you.  

T.D. Jakes writes, “When you see sorrow multiply, it is a sign that God is getting ready to send something to you.  Don’t settle for the pain and not get the benefit.  Hold out.  Disregard the pain and get the promise.  What is the pain compared with the baby?  That happens when you become so engrossed with the pain that you leave the reward behind you.” 

It is through the act of pushing (emotionally and physically) that brings forth birth.  A woman has to physically push to get a baby thru the birth canal.  It is the same emotionally.  You must choose to push through the emotional pain.  

So what are you in the midst of birthing in your life right now?  Allow God to give you new energy to keep pushing.  You may only need to give one last big push to birth what God has promised.

As always, every one of you is important to the kingdom, so put your crowns back on, throw your shoulders back and act accordingly to what God says about you!


* * *
Author: Leilani Glassmyer

Leilani is a single mom to a beautiful 4 year old little girl. She is in love with the Creator of the stars. Her mission is simple yet so big, to encourage and bring Jesus to all in need. To bring hope by loving people, writing, photography, music, poetry/spoken word and meeting people right where they are. Gods Grace is her air.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic