Whole Magazine Celebrates One Year!

Looking Back At Your Top 12 Posts of Our First Year

























Jesus turned around and said to her, "Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you whole." And the woman was healed at that moment. - Matthew 9:22

I woke up this morning feeling so thankful. So loved. So excited. Whole Magazine celebrates one year!

I still remember last Fall when God gave me the vision for this ministry. I was so scared, and even more I felt so unworthy. Questions filled my mind; 

"Why would God choose me?" 

"I'm not a leader." 

"What if this fails?" 

"I'm not qualified!"

For months my prayer was that the Lord would just use me. Place me somewhere. I just wanted to serve. When God told me to start Whole Magazine, I was shocked. I never had desired to even be a writer growing up or as an adult. 

This past year I have learned so much. God has been teaching me things that I would have never imagined. He has taught me how to be a compassionate leader to my writers. A good friend once told me that, your ministry is not your readers, but your very own writers. Since that day, I was on my face praying daily for my "Whole Sisters." 

I have learned that ministry is not for faint hearted. You need to have thick skin to work in God's Kingdom. When you are called you are attacked. I've had writers with writers block, some stepped down due to personal problems, and so much more. It made me pray harder for them. The enemy was mad. We were sharing our story. We were being transparent. We we were healing. And he didn't like that. 

God calls the unqualified to be qualified.


The most important thing I learned this past year is that although I felt unqualified, God chose me. He seen something in me that I didn't see. This was His way of bringing me to a deeper reliance on my relationship with Him. Yes, I was unqualified. But He called me to be qualified. And only in Him, would I be just that.

One year ago we started with but a handful of writers. Today, we celebrate one year with almost 40 writers, from California to South Africa! What a blessing. Some have come and gone, but remain our sisters and in our prayers. Others have been with us since the beginning and just confirms that they are where God wants them to be. 

To the WM Writers...old and new

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy because you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again. 

I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation -- those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ -- for this will bring much glory and praise to God. —Phil. 1:3-6, 9-11

To our readers with love.

Our WM readers are a big part of this ministry. We have received so many messages, facebook comments, and tweets from you all telling us what a blessing WM has been in their lives. Friendships were restored, families reconciled, and much more! It's those messages that remind me of why Whole Magazine exists. For you, the reader. For you, the writer. And for His glory. So thank you for supporting us this past year. 

If you haven't, subscribe to receive our posts directly to your email free. We have some amazing things this year and we want YOU to know first!

Which brings us here. We have gathered some of your favorite posts of our first year. And it was some of our favorites as well. Today, sit back, and enjoy and be encouraged...

TOP 12 POSTS

1. But The Greatest of These is Charity - by Danielle Erwin

2. Making Peace with Proverbs 31 - by Lauren DeMoss

3. Not Yet - by Amanda Casanova

4. Is He Pushing You Towards Christ, or Towards the Bedroom? - by Carmen Miller

5. The Gift of Singleness - by Salem Afangideh

6. Single Disorder - Coleen York

7. Lucky - by Danielle Erwin

8. He's Jealous For You - Christina Stolaas

9. Brokenness Is Beneficial - Danelle Vingtas

10. Charm is Deceitful? - by Katrina Smith

11. Relationship Laws for Ladies Who Love God - Maria Breeden

12. No More "Christian Nice Girl" - by Julie Gernand [The Identity Project]



What were some of your favorite posts this past year?




Carmen Miller spent her life searching for empty substitutes for God. She tried to find her worth, value, and identity in things and men, only to be left empty and broken. Today, she shares her story of brokenness and the love Jesus relentlessly showed her. A wife, a mom, writer and a lover of her Creator, she is passionate about the body of Christ and being set free from the bondage's that hinder our walk with Christ.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic