His Neosporin



He shoved his finger at me with tears streaming down his face.  It was difficult to discern the nature of his injury through the tears, but I’m well versed in playing “Dr. Mom” so I knew what he needed…

I gently cleansed his wound, doused it in Neosporin, and carefully placed a Band-Aid over the area.  The moment the grievous injury was covered his tears ceased; he smiled, and resumed playing. 


Cleaning up playground injuries is easier when you’re five, but with age the wounds tend to reach deeper affecting our will, emotions, mind, and soul.


The wounds of betrayal, infidelity, loss, death, failure, and disappointment have the potential to crush our spirit if we don’t allow our Father the opportunity to heal us. 


God knows exactly what we need to experience healing, but too often we misdiagnose, self-medicate, and prolong our healing.



“He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”
Psalm 147:3 (NLT)

I look at my children and it breaks my heart that it seems we aren't worth fighting for….like I’m not worth fighting for.  It pains me to see my family separated and I can’t help, but wonder…why am I not good enough?  


I’ve been trying to just “get over” some of these deeper wounds.  In the past, I conspired with alcohol to distract me from the pain, but God nipped that vice in the bud early in our walk.   Lately, God has helped me to see I’m seeking to use sleep as yet another means of distraction. 


I kept thinking that it would just go away and that one day I would just wake up and be okay with it, but in order to receive treatment we have to tell the “doctor” where it hurts.  By choosing to refuse treatment I’m providing the wound with room to spread and infect other areas. 


So, today choose to trust God to heal your broken heart and bandage each of your wounds.  If the frequency of pain in an area has increased than God is seeking to alert you to an issue that needs healing.  Recognize that the longer you wait…the worse it will get.  Stop seeking to numb, dull, and avoid the pain.  Stop allowing that wound to fester in the dark and expose it to the light.  Acknowledge the hurt and ask God to treat you. Bear the discomfort of the cleansing agent.  It will pass. Allow God to cover you with His “Neosporin” and “Band-Aid” as it will serve as a barrier to protect the wound from further irritants. That pain is a burden that God has not intended for you to carry. Release it to Him. Allow Him to heal you.






Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."


[Photo: Carnie Lewis Creative Commons]

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic