Miss Understood


The intentions of the Anointed

Do you ever wonder if you truly need to respond to the thoughts that are going through your head? Recently, I found myself in a situation where I hoped and desired that what I was hearing from the other person was something I misunderstood, or their perception of me was misunderstood. I really did not want to respond to the subject. I was afraid my honest response would wound our relationship. Then I considered, “Do I need to muster up the courage to defend myself?”

As I was reading the book of Romans, I waited to hear from God. This verse stood out to me:

Romans 12:18 "If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

What I began to consider was that God has an anointing on this friendship. The way He has orchestrated our friendship is undeniable. When God anoints someone He says, “Within you is My oil of anointing which heals, delivers, and gives comfort.”

Now, defending ourselves is not the answer. Nor is letting these situations slip away and not discussing these matters out of fear. However, honoring individuals who are hand picked with an anointing from God is vital in living an obedient life and obedience is the fruit of faith.

When we are blessed to be amongst the anointed, we must be patient with their hearts. We must be willing to consider that our intentions could have been misunderstood or we could be misunderstanding the intentions of the anointed. The intent of the anointed is acts of obedience to the Lord. For God has instilled wisdom in their minds, patience in their hearts, and direction in their walks.

My challenge to you when you are asking yourself if you must speak now, is to consider the precious view God has of the individual you are in conflict with. Ask God to give you eyes to see what He sees. Ask God to break your heart for what is breaking His. Do not act out of selfishness and self-defense, for the Lord does not misunderstand you or your conflict.




                                  About Morgan Fisher
Philippians 4;13 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is the verse that established her faith in the Lord when Morgan accepted Christ into her heart in pre school. At the age of 14, Morgan's passion for music and Africa led her to establishing a non profit organization, Bands that JAM for Africa (btj4a.org). Morgan is currently a Social Entrepreneurship student in Nashville, Tennessee and pursuing Bands that JAM for Africa in South Africa when she is not studying.



[photo: Garrett Gill, Creative Commons]

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic