Voids Aren't Avoidable

What are voids? How do I know I have them? How do I fill them?

Do these questions sound familiar to you? Growing up I would always hear people talk about voids, but I never truly knew what they meant. As a result of these unanswered questions, I found myself in a cloud of depression that I couldn’t see my way out of. You see, when voids aren’t dealt with by turning to the Lord, depression will always be the outcome.

What is a void? A void is anything in your life that leaves you empty. For example, emptiness in self-worth leads to insecurity, further leading to depression.

How do you identify a void? Although a void can’t be physically described in a tangible sense, we know that voids are dark and empty.

How do I know if I have a void? How do I know that I’m avoiding it? You constantly find yourself in cycles of depression.

How do you fill a void? Voids can only be filled with God’s word.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. – Genesis 1:1-4 ESV
Words have filled voids since the beginning of time. Sometimes, we try to fill our own voids with things other than God’s WORDS. We think getting a man will fill our voids of insecurity. But we still end up depressed because MAN can’t fill voids—only God’s words can.

Depression was something that I struggled with for years. Now, looking back, I can see why that was such a big giant in my life. I tried so hard to get people to fill my voids with THEIR words instead of GOD’S. So every time they would fail me, I’d fall back into depression. I didn’t realize that my battle with depression was tied to the voids that I kept trying to avoid.
Today, stop trying to avoid what isn’t avoidable. Allow the Lord to heal every void in your heart with His Words.
My Pastor touched on this in a sermon one day. We see that even in the beginning, God didn’t approve of voids. When He created the world and it was without form and void, He saw that it was not good. God then SPOKE LIGHT into the void and later produced LIFE (Adam). Life couldn’t even come until God dealt with the void. Many times, we try to avoid the voids in our lives because we don’t want to “deal” with them. We’d rather soak in depression, where we “feel” comfortable, rather than dealing with our voids. However, filling our voids with God’s words is the only way we can rise up from depression and start LIVING again.

Believer, just as God separated darkness from light, He desires to separate the darkness of depression in your life from His light. God, the Creator of the Universe, couldn’t even continue with creation until He dealt with the void He saw. Today, stop trying to avoid what isn’t avoidable. Allow the Lord to heal every void in your heart with His Words. Ask yourself when you’re feeling depressed, “Where have I stopped filling my voids with the Word of God today? Who’s words matter to me the most, God’s or people’s?”
Allow God’s words, “You are fearfully and wonderfully made”, in Psalm 139:14, speak life into your void of insecurity. His words in Colossians 2:10 that declare, “You are complete in Him” should be all the validation you need to fill that void of loneliness.

Believer, stop trying to avoid a void when God gave you power to speak life into it.
“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” –Proverbs 18:21


by Kieya Hudson

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic