The Power of Your Words

Have you ever said something you wish you could take back? Even said something good that you thought Wow! Did that come from me? We all have done both and training our mouth is the most difficult thing for us to do. You know the myth saying if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. We all have said some things that were not nice to say or said something beautiful, and wonder where did that come from. In a nutshell, we have the authority over the power of our words. God gave us the control over our mouths and what we speak.

Proverbs 16:24, reads, “Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.”

I constantly think about what I am saying in conversations and how I speak. I don’t always hit the mark, but I am more conscious about the way I say things, and what comes out of my mouth. I have learned that the powers of my words are effective. Let’s look at God and how he spoke.

(Genesis 1:3,6,9,11,14)

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Throughout all these scriptures God spoke in existence how he wanted the earth to be formed. He knew that there was power in everything that he said. That is the same way we have to view ourselves when we speak things into the atmosphere. I make daily positive confessions from God’s word to keep my spirit man encouraged and uplifted. There are days that I miss doing this, and I can always tell when that happens. My flesh and emotions are leading more than my spiritual man. My emotions start ruling the outcome of my day and week. So, it is always important to speak inspirational positive things over your life. We don’t realize, when we say negative or positive words out of our mouth into the atmosphere. How it could affect the outcome of our life?

James 3:9-11 reads, “Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?”

I promise you, the power of our words are so important in how we speak to people, our children, and over ourselves.


How many of you are living the outcome of what you have been speaking over yourself, whether positive or negative?

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic