Give Up Your Rock

I’ve been buying into a lie. It’s a lie that tells me that this world is going to shake me sometimes and I need to figure out the best way to combat that. I need to better manage my time. I need to set better goals. I need to make better plans.

Life is full of surprises.

Make lemonade.

Go with it.

Sometimes, I am so caught up in those lies that I become really good at trying to find rest in myself— only I’m woefully wrong. I realized the depth of my error when I tried making my own rock, when I tried making my own place of rest.

You can guess what happened because it’s probably happened to you too.

I forgot that I don’t have to figure out how to nurse my aching soul. I forgot that no measure of work from my hands would ever amount to the refuge of God.

Psalm 62:1-2 tells us: My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Let’s stop believing that it’s OK to be shaken. God didn’t promise an easy life, but he did promise a life led by his will and a life marked by grace. Let’s meet those tough days with a decision to remain faithful to God. He is loving and strong, and our own efforts to save ourselves will fail.

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of failing, and I’m tired of not finding rest in me. So here’s how you make a change: Give up your rock.

Whatever it is that you’ve built to make you better prepared for the wolves, for your job, for your marriage, for your life, give it up. Trust God to provide the rest you need with words that stand, that prevail, that save – and most of all, words that don’t lie.


by Amanda Casanova

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic