Got Trust?

Is there something that you really, really need right now in your life and you just don't know how you are going to get it? Do you trust God about it? Of course you do! I am going to take a guess and say that you have prayed about it and have asked God for it. You have even used every possible scripture you know about God supplying your needs and you sing about this in church too. Even your pastor has talked about it recently but yet and still you are trying to figure out a way to fix everything. I have been there my sister; as a matter of fact, I am there right now. But did you notice the small glitch in our approach? We asked God to help us and even affirmed our request with scripture but after that we tried to figure out a way to solve the problem. And that is where I like to believe God chuckles at our efforts!!

We have to stop merely "saying" we trust God with our lives and "actively" trust God with our lives. I have often been a perpetrator of this crime!! I would be in a situation where I really needed God' s direction or needed him to supply something for me.

I would pray about it and claim that I was "putting it in God's hands" and then seconds later I was anxiously worrying about what I was going to do or talking to anybody who would listen about my situation. My personal favorite thing to do was thinking of different ways I could manipulate the situation!! This is not Godly at all!! Jesus says in Matthew 6:27, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Worrying about our problems will not solve anything and it shows that we don't fully believe that God is our answer. Our beliefs and actions determine the type of experience we will have with God. Jesus also said in Matthew 21:21, " I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea'".

We need to relax and claim the peace that is ours through Christ. God wants us to make our needs known to him and not worry about them. He promises to keep us in peace, if we keep our minds on him. So throw away those Plan B lists and stop complaining about what you don't have. I know it is hard, but we have to thank God for what we have and thank him for making a way for our current situation even if we don't see it yet! God does not withhold anything good from us and he wants us to have what we need but he wants to work our faith and build our character. So, supernaturally believe with me, sisters, for the impossible! I am trusting that God will supply my need for a car. I can't see where it is coming from right now, but I know that God has all of that taken care of!! What impossible thing or situation are you going to actively trust God for in 2013? I would love for you to share with us!


by Mikela Rutledge

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic