Blind Spots



Listing appointments are much like job interviews and as a Realtor an inescapable part of my day. 


Recently, I had a really great listing appointment.  We established a future time to do listing paperwork and get his home on the market.  However, prior to solidifying his contract he emailed me and expressed that he would be going with another agency.  I was thoroughly confused so I did the unthinkable and asked him…

“Why didn’t I get the job?”

There was a time that I would have tucked my tail between my legs, scurried off, and not looked back.  Who really wants those weaknesses revealed?


But, my relationship with God has encouraged me to actively pursue growth in every single area of my life which requires I gain insight into my blind spots.

Blind spots are the areas within our life where our view is obstructed.  Our blind spots can manifest in how we relate to other people or our performance on our job.  It’s what we don’t know about ourselves.  We naturally seek to protect ourselves from revelations that may reveal where we are weak.

God uses people, events, and circumstances to reveal our blind spots in an effort to help us grow.  The light of God’s truth in our life serves to expose our weaknesses so that we can be changed.   We must care more about becoming the people that God wants us to be and less about the discomfort our ego may endure. 


Back to my story…


When he responded to my email he stated, “As far as your personality and intelligence, you are amazing.  The main reason for my choice:  this lady sold my neighbors house and came highly recommended.  It was a tough decision, but I appreciate you allowing me to be candid with you.”

I did not expect that response.  I have an overactive imagination so I assumed the worst.  That’s when I realized that blind spots are not always inherently bad.  God may seek to empower us through people, events, and circumstances, but we must be confident enough to face all that God wants to reveal to us—good and bad.


So, today recognize that we each have blind spots.  We each have areas within our personality and character that are obstructed from our view.  God works through people so be open to feedback and ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern all that He would like for you to receive.  We must remain intentional about our growth.  Remain determined to reach your potential in Christ and allow your blind spots to be revealed by the light of God’s truth.  Live in the light.






Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic