Serveahaulics

By Morgan Fisher


We've all heard it before, “Too much of anything is unhealthy.” However, when it comes to serving, can you serve too much? Well, we are Christians, right? We aim to be Christ like. It only seems right that we serve with all our hearts as much as possible. Let’s focus in on these key words: Christ like. Not Christ. He is all knowing, all powerful, and all loving.

 
Mark 10:44-45 “And whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

That’s why we love Him so much. He has the capacity to love and serve unlike any of us will ever be able to. We can model our lives after His. We can be lights in the darkness. We can be that city on the hill, but if we try to be Christ, we will slowly see our lights dim. God has a plan and purpose for my life and yours.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you…”

He created us each uniquely and with a purpose. He has equipped us with certain skill sets and gifts. I've heard people say, “We are all created equal.” However, I see a flaw in this phrase. I do believe we are all equally valued. However, we were not created equally. What I mean by this is that God has given you gifts and talents that are different from your best friend, sibling, co-worker, etc. God loves and values us all equally for the unique beings that we are. With that being said, we need to identify our strengths and put them into action to serve with a purpose.

1 Peter 4:10 “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.”

My advice to my fellow servahaulics is to identify your gifts and find a way to use them to bring a smile to God’s face. Saying yes to every serving opportunity puts you in a position of giving everything 20% with low impact, rather than serving with your gifts at 100% impact. Ask yourself, “Am I serving to serve or serving with my talents to advance the kingdom?”

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic