If You're Honest. . .

By Coleen York




“How are you?”
“Good. I’m good. How are you?”
Freeze.
How many times a day do we have these exchanges? How many times a day do you lie, or perhaps just gloss over the truth?
But, you might be thinking, no one really wants to hear about financial struggles, or the fight I had with my mum, or about how I feel like crap today because my pants fit too tight, or because I’m just struggling and I don’t even know whyThat would be too much information… Right?
But what about with God? At times I wonder if society’s drive-by question and answer routine has crept into our prayer lives and into our attitudes concerning God.
God desires to know what’s going on in your life. How you’re feeling, how you’re coping, where you’re stuggling, what you’re happy about, what you feel guilty about, what you’re thankful for. It’s never too much information for Him.
I know right now you’re probably thinking, Doesn’t God already know all that stuff anyway? Why do I have to tell Him?
Because it promotes intimacy. God doesn’t want your glossed-over, ready-for-the-public answers. He doesn’t desire a relationship with your “Brave Face”.
An earthly parent may know that something is bothering their child, they may even know what that particular problem is, but it doesn’t further the relationship or put the parent in a position to offer wisdom if all the child says is “I’m good” or “It’s whatever.”
In Matthew  11:28-30 Jesus tells us,Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you.Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
He wants you to come to Him with everything. He wants all of your burdens, whether you think they are logical, or important, or not. He’s waiting for you to unload your burdens upon Him so that THEN He can teach you about them.
Every emotion and feeling has a root and a cause. When we open ourselves up to the God who knows our hearts intimately and created emotions, we give Him room and permission to reveal His wisdom in each in every season we are in. In each and every emotional upheaval. In each and every bad day or good day.
Wrestle it, pray it, write it, sing it, scream it, think it out with Him. He longs for you to bring your burdens to Him so you can go through and sort it out together.
Let Him replace your burdens with His wisdom, knowledge and insight. His yoke is easy, His burden is light.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic