Back-To-School Treat: 15-Minute Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe




These lovely apple cinnamon rolls were kind of an experiment . . . and they turned out amazing!! My little sister was over one afternoon and she needed an after-school snack . . . we looked through my pantry and fridge and decided to put two of my favorite things together: apple pie filling and cinnamon rolls. It is seriously a match made in heaven!


I just used the cinnamon rolls that you can buy in the refrigerated section of the grocery store and a can of apple pie filling. I place the pre-made cinnamon rolls in a 9x13" baking pan about 2 inches apart. I then scooped a large spoonful of pie filling on top of the rolls.




The instructions on the cinnamon rolls package said to bake them at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, but with the apple filling on top, they actually had to bake a lot longer. I think that I baked them for about 18 minutes. Once I pulled them out of the oven, I drizzled the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls package on top . . .
They were so good! I HIGHLY recommend that you make some for yourself! Plus, they are so easy. Anybody can do this! :)


These would probably be delicious if you made your cinnamon rolls from scratch and used homemade apple pie filling . . . but let's be honest . . . I don't really have time for that at this point in my life. :)
If you try this using homemade rolls, let me know! I would love to hear how they turned out!


Anyway, here is the "recipe" if you want to print it out!

Ingredients:
1 can apple pie filling
1 tube package cinnamon rolls (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store- mine had 8 rolls)
frosting (included with the cinnamon rolls)

Directions:
Open package and place cinnamon rolls 2" apart in a lightly greased 9x13" baking pan. Scoop a large spoonful of apple pie filling on top of each cinnamon roll. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (time will depend on your oven, so just check often). Remove from oven and drizzle with frosting while they are still warm.


Thank you SSS! For more yummy recipes and awesome craft ideas visit Six Sisters' Stuff.

Linking to TidyMom.net 
http://www.tipjunkie.com

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic