Blessings of Abraham

I’m sitting in Sunday school and for some reason it’s just the pastor and me. I look around to see if anyone else is going to join us, while she is preparing the lesson, but they never show. She says, “turn to Genesis 12 and read.” As I began reading, tears began to form, because at that moment, I knew God was revealing his new promises to me.

Genesis 12:1-5 Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation, I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

November 2011, I interviewed for a job located in northern California, but I wasn’t sure if God was allowing me to move at this time. I had relocated to Florida and was ready to leave since I arrived. Unbeknownst to me, God had other plans, so I was there for 3 years waiting for God to give me the “Okay” to move. My family and friends were not thrilled that I was planning to leave, especially since they new my “situation”. However, this Sunday morning, God confirmed that he heard my prayers and was honoring my request! Everyone who knows me, knows I do most things “outside of the box” and they hardly ever understand the choices I make; sometimes I don’t even understand them, but I know God does.

During this time, I had recently been unemployed for six months and started a new job making well below what I was used to making. I had no money, no car, and no complete plan to carry out this next move. However, I did know that God had a plan, so I had nothing to lose.

Hebrews 11:8 “By faith Abraham when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed: and he went out, noting knowing where he was going”

February 2012, I accepted the job and moved to Sacramento, California (confirmation is even in the city’s name). Within the first week, God released so much to me, confirming that faith works! I found a nice apartment and the managers only required a portion of the money to move in. I found a church home and one of the first messages I received was on the blessings of Abraham. He provided transportation (courtesy of my job), and a group of friends who love Christ just as I do!

God is faithful! He’s not only faithful to me, but to those who seek him and obey his word. Sometimes his instructions don’t seem to make sense, but we have to trust that He knows what he is doing. After all, He is God! Whatever God is pressing on your heart to do, you will only reap the benefits of His promises by faith and obedience.

Godly Reminders
Hebrews 11:1&6; Proverbs 3:6



By Marquisha Harden

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic