Test the Spirit

1 John 4:1 “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone into the world.”

A few days ago, I met a guy in passing. He offered his business card for me to give him a call. The business card was for some sort of entertainment business, but no clear indication of what type of entertainment. If you know me, then you know I’m interested in the entertainment industry. However, immediately once I read the card, I said out loud to myself, “I ain’t no hooker!” I have no idea why that thought came to mind, but just reading the card immediately annoyed me. Later that night, I decided to call, just to see if my female intuition was on point. Prior to calling, I had a quick discussion with God. I said, “Look God, I need to know by the end of this conversation what this guy is about, I don’t have time for this.”

The phone conversation lasted exactly 3 minutes. Within those 3 minutes he was trying to figure out how he could come see me and get a back massage. Really? I told him I don’t do all that! I shut all of that down and told him to have a nice evening and a nice life.

You have to test the spirit! Otherwise, you will end up with another broken heart filled with disappointment and sadness. I don’t have time for that and I’m sure most of you singles don’t either! God was revealing this guys spirit to me once I received the card; it had lust all over it. What may have looked promising was not! There are many spirits listening in on your conversations about your dreams and aspirations, but only One has your best interest at hand and that’s the Spirit of God!

John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Earlier that day, I was speaking to a co-worker about my preference in dating southern men, which you will rarely find in Northern California. This so-called entertainment guy I met was from Atlanta, Georgia. Really? Out of all the men in California, I met a southern guy in the entertainment business? Had I not been in tuned with God, I could easily mistake these “signs” to mean God sent him to me! The enemy will send you signs as well. You have to test the spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22, “but test everything that is said, hold on to what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.”

Many times we see what we want to see, or believe that we are receiving messages from God, when in reality we are receiving attacks from the enemy. He knows what you’ve asked God for because you continuously focus on your next relationship, job, ministry, financial breakthrough, or whatever you’ve made your top priority. You can ask God for anything, but you can’t make it your main focus, because the enemy will definitely use your requests as a way to enter in and throw you off track. It’s okay to work hard, plan ahead, and succeed; however, you have to allow God to become your main focus.

Psalms 37: 4-5, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of the heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and he shall bring it to pass.”

Get in tuned with God and He will direct your steps whether it’s as simple as a phone call or a major move in your life. He wants to be able to help you through every situation you will encounter. He knows you and he knows the spirit that operates in those trying to come against you. You have the upper hand in everything you will ever face because you have the Spirit of God working within you and around you. If you can’t figure something out, ask God. He will reveal himself to you and give you the best advise because he loves you. In order to test the spirit, you have to know the only right Spirit … the Spirit of the Almighty God!

1 John 4:1-6 “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And his is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.”

Godly Reminder: Galatians 5:16, “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic