It is Time to Receive






I raised my hands and opened my mouth to worship, but there was nothing.


The cold I had been trying to dodge finally caught up with me all the way in Atlanta at the Pinky Promise Conference.  I had no voice.  I could barely speak let alone sing.  I did not have to wait long for God to afford me His perspective.


Receive. 


What good is guidance if we refuse to receive it?  What good is love if we refuse to welcome it?  What good is purpose if we refuse to believe it?   


God needed me to receive — take hold of, possess, and accept as true and valid each promise He had made to me.  I spent so much time seeking purpose yet when He finally revealed His purpose for me  I refused to receive it.   I've allowed fear and doubt to coax me into disbelief.


“…Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand…”Psalm 40:6 (NLT)


This weekend God did just that … He made me listen by literally allowing my voice to be taken so I could not speak.  God made me physically meet with Him during worship and throughout the duration of the conference to receive. Too often we adopt this defensive stance where we cross our arms across our chest and in this position we’re incapable of receiving anything.  This weekend I felt God come into my heart, pull me from defensive stance, and open my arms to receive His promises.  


God freely offers us so much and all He wants us to do is serve as a vessel and receive it.  Too often we hear it, but we don’t believe it.  We hear it, but we doubt it.  We hear it, but we allow other people to speak into our life and become confused.  What is God trying to give you that you’re refusing to receive?


Love?
Discipline?
Forgiveness?
Purpose?
Revelation?
Wisdom?


Too often we refuse the valuable stuff yet eagerly receive doubt, confusion, and other peoples opinions.  Lean on God’s promises.  Trust Him to fulfill what He’s called you to do.  Don’t waste your gifts, damage your anointing, and abort your purpose by refusing to receive what God so graciously keeps trying to give you.  Open up your heart and receive __________.  I didn't say open up your mind…open up your heart and receive it.  Our logic and ability to reason are hindered due to our limited perspective. Striving to make sense of what God reveals in our head can be futile. 


Receive--take hold of, possess, and accept as true and valid—whatever God is seeking to give you.   He has a purpose for you.  He has a plan for you.  Open up your heart and receive it.  Your circumstances may seem impossible, but you can trust that if God places a desire in your heart there is a plan to see that desire come to pass.  Receive it.  


I want to bring people closer to God by serving as an instrument for His voice through writing and motivational speaking.  He's called me to do it and I thank Him for helping me to confidently yet quietly receive--take hold of, possess, and accept as true and valid-- this purpose He's ignited in my heart. With outstretched arms...I receive it!



Your turn!







Ashley Ivery is a single mother of two brilliant children, Aiden and Devyn, with an overwhelming desire to empower women and help them to realize the importance of a relationship with God.  Through her writing she hopes to encourage women to claim their strength and value in Christ.  Ashley serves as the Residential Listing Partner for Team Harris Real Estate.  She graduated from Fayetteville State University in 2012 with a BS in Psychology.  Her motto is:  "Be Authentic.  Live Honestly.  Dispel Light."

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic